Walt Disney World Resorts
Benefits of staying on site
There are many advantages to staying on site at a Walt Disney World resort. When comparing the cost to staying off site, people often forget to include one or more elements and end up miscalculating in their estimates. Once you truly compares apples to apples, staying on site is much more affordable than one would think, and in many cases, it is actually less expensive than what you will end up paying staying off site. There are also some benefits that money can't buy that you can only enjoy if you are staying on site. Here are the benefits for staying at a Walt Disney World Resort:
- Extra Magic Hours (each day at least one park is open only to resort guests. FastPasses are not allowed during this time plus off site visitors have to vacate the park, so the wait times are much shorter)
- FastPasses can be selected 60 days in advance, rather than the normal 30 days in advance. You can reserve 3 experiences per day to skip the stand by line up and go straight to the much shorter FastPass lane. There is a limited supply of FastPasses available and once they are gone, they are gone. This means that for the most popular experiences, like Frozen Ever After, Flight of Passage, Na'vi River ride, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan's Flight and Toy Story Mania, are usually all gone by the time you reach the 30 day mark.
- Free transportation to/from Orlando airport with Magical Express, including free luggage delivery right from plane debarkation to your room.
- Free transportation from your resort to the parks so you don't need to rent a car
- Close proximity to the theme parks so you can easily go back to the room for a mid-day break if needed
- Purchases can be sent to your resort room, avoiding the need to carry them around the parks.
- Only Walt Disney Resort guests are eligible for the Disney Dining Plan (see Dining section)
- Dining Reservations can be made 180 days before arrival for the first 10 days of your stay, giving you a huge advantage for those hard-to-get restaurants
- Parking is free for on site guests
- Free Magic Bands for everyone so you can travel without a wallet. This is your park ticket, FastPasses, your Dining Plan and the ability to charge items to your room, all in one personalized bracelet.
- Being immersed in the magic of Disney 24/7!
Right: Animal Kingdom Lodge (Animal Kingdom area)
Choose your accommodations:
Above: Boardwalk (Epcot/Hollywood Studios area)
Below: Contemporary Resort (Magic Kingdom area)